Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mini review of Birchmere show

I posted this on the TR Connection forum board the day after the show:

What an awesome show last night! Loved every minute of it. I didn't know most of the Johnson songs. I knew some clips were up on YouTube but I didn't want to see them. I wanted the songs to be a surprise.

I had a fantastic seat right up front and on Kasim's side! (Thanks to my new friend S.B.! )Highlights of the night for me: Bleeding, Mystified, Born To Synthesize, I Saw The Light, Boogies, and a couple of the Johnson songs I didn't know.

The biggest highlight of the night happened right when the show ended. When the band was going off stage, Kasim was going around shaking people's hands and saying hi to them. Before he goes off the stage, he comes over to me and says, "Hi Steph, how are you?" and gives me a big hug! I was like, "OMG! Is this really happening?" I then asked him could I have one of his guitar picks. He reached over to his mike stand and gave me the three that he had on it! He kept throwing picks all night to people and he never threw one at me. I had always wanted one of his picks and now I had three! My new friends saw what had happened and they were so happy for me! I gave my new friend S.B. one of Kasim's picks for being so nice to me and for letting me have the seat right at Kasim's microphone.

It was great to meet some new friends there! That's one of the great things about a Todd show. We all waited outside for the guys after the show. Todd came out first and talked to us, signed autographs, and took pics. I guess he stayed out there for about 30 minutes. He was so gracious to us as always. He got on the bus after that. Jesse came out next and posed for pics and signed stuff. I had only met Jesse once in 1998. It was nice to meet him again. Later, he got on the bus. Kasim came out a little while later and signed things and posed for pics. Only me, my friends, and a couple of other fans were left. He once again said hi to me. He asked me if I was going to be at the show in MD Wed. night and I told him I couldn't go. I never saw Prairie come out of the building because after I saw Kasim, I left to go back home.

No comments: