Monday, February 18, 2008

On This Day In Kasim History

On This Day In Kasim History....February 19,1998 was the first time I saw Todd and the second time I saw Kasim. It was on Todd's With A Twist tour at The Coppermine in Petersburg, VA.

I made a YouTube video about the night. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmfrvJDjPT4

Here is some of my review:

I first met Kasim on February 19,1998 at Todd Rundgren's With A Twist concert in Petersburg, Virginia at the Coppermine. I saw him before and after the show.
I met him an hour before the show by accident. I was watching television in the bar area of the club. The television was on the wall and a pinball machine was below it. I saw that someone was playing pinball but I couldn't see who it was. So I kept on watching television. Then I looked down for a minute and when I looked up, guess who was looking at me from the pinball machine??? You guessed right if you said Kasim!! I couldn't believe it!! He must have thought that I was looking at him and not at the television.
He was dressed in black clothes and he had his hair down in his face. I think he was trying to blend in and not be noticed. While he was playing pinball, he had a soft drink in a styrofoam cup in his left hand and a cigarette in his right hand. I didn't know whether I should go over and say hi or not. I didn't want to bother him. But I thought what if I don't get to see him after the show? So I went over to him and I said hi and he said hi. I didn't know what to say to him because I was so nervous. Then he told me to not be nervous because there was nothing to be nervous about. (I'll always remember that!! :) ) I asked him if the band would be around after the show to sign autographs and take pictures and he said he thought they would. So I told him I would see him later and have a great show. He said okay.
The show was wonderful!! After the show, I waited for about an hour to be able to see him again. The band ate a late dinner at the restaurant next door. I waited by the bus door for him to come out of the restaurant. I met Jesse (Todd's guitar player) first. He was really nice. Then while Jesse was signing my With A Twist CD booklet, here comes Kasim!
He gave me his autograph and I took a picture with him. Unfortunately, I don't have the picture because a fan of Kasim's took the pic and she never sent it to me.
Kasim got on the bus and I got back in line to see Todd. Todd was sitting in the bus driver's seat signing stuff. He signed a Utopia calendar. I asked him if I could take a picture with him and he said "ok let me finish up here and I will get off the bus and take a picture with you."
Todd got off the bus and took a picture with me and my mom. He was so nice!

It was a night I will never forget. I still can't believe it was 10 years ago!

Steph

No comments: