Monday, June 23, 2008

I can't believe it's been two years ago!

This picture was taken before The New Cars show at Wolf Trap on June 6, 2006. I'm wearing a Utopia Redux 92 t-shirt that I got from a dear friend of mine. We all were so excited that day to see Todd and Kasim on stage with the reformed Cars. The show did almost sell out. All of the section I was in (the front orchestra section-the up close seats) was completely full. Not an empty seat. The show was great! The two most memorable moments that night were:

1. Hearing Kasim sing Drive. It was also the first time I've seen him sing by himself. I've never been to one of his solo shows yet. I loved it!! When the song was over, I stood up and clapped and clapped and clapped. He saw me and bowed toward my side of the audience. So he knew where I was sitting! :)

2. TNC doing Black Maria!! I freaked out when they started doing it. It was soooo good!! I've always wanted to hear this song done live.

I was so lucky to have seen this show. Now there are no more New Cars.

Thanks to my Todd trading friend, I now have this show on CD. Everytime I hear it, it brings back memories about that night.

A good time was had by all! :)

No comments: